Tuesday, June 12, 2012

FINAL PROJECT JOURNAL

My final assignment was to design a project that incorporated two elements of design and one principle of design. The basis of this project is my future career, interior design. My design fundamentals chosen were: Space, Line & Balance.



I designed a small living room set up example board for a client who enjoys tradition but loves natural materials and bohemian designs.

I gave myself three days to complete this project.

Day 1: Trip to JoAnn Fabrics for fabric samples, assessed fabrics to decide which would work for my project.


Day 2: Return trip to JoAnn Fabrics to purchase foamcore board, scrapbooking paper to use as example of wall paint. Adhesive.

Day 3: Design board. Attach wall color example, attach fabric swatches. Attach printed out and colored examples of furniture, design wall art to hang behind sofa.
Revisions:

Many revisions occurred during this process; several in JoAnn fabrics when choosing wall paint color. Several in JoAnn fabrics, when I liked a certain material but then found out the material was not suitable for use on sofas or chairs. Other revisions were done during the final design process when I was once again choosing between fabrics. Not counting the many revisions done in my mind, prior to even stepping into the store to obtain materials.

Assessment: 100%

I have created a design representative of the Space, Line and Balance design fundamentals. I have presented it in such a way as to show the process of interior design. I have documented my process.

all photos on page: brendabrowning. photo. 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment